Dr. Paul Manns
Institute for Mathematical Optimization
Technische Universität Carolo-Wilhelmina zu Braunschweig
38106 Braunschweig, GERMANY
phone: +49 (531) 391-7556
hours: Monday, 16:30 - 17:30
Research Project and Funding
My research is part of DFG Priority Program 1962: Non-smooth and Complementarity-based Distributed Parameter Systems: Simulation and Hierarchical Optimization.
I am interested in solving distributed optimization problems with discrete control variables and other non-smooth structures. In particular, I work on
- mixed-integer formulations of switched processes as well as their relaxation and approximation,
- mixed-integer PDE-constrained optimization,
- convergence and approximation properties of rounding algorithms,
- connections to optimal transport,
- algorithms for complementarity constraints.